Saturday, October 20, 2007

The case of the missing yarn

Jim and I arrived home late last night to discover that a beautiful shawl I have been knitting out of lace weight mohair that looks like cobweb was on the floor in a cat-related incident, with the yarn leading out of the living room, though the kitchen, and into the bedroom. Unlike the last time they thought this would be a good project to eat, where the yarn trail led to yarn that had been wrapped around the papasan chair, under the bed and back out again, this yarn tail ended in a bitten wet end. The ball of yarn is nowhere to be found. The cats have managed to make about 100 yards of mohair disappear. I know all their usual stolen yarn hiding places, and all of them are empty. Curiouser and curiouser.

I have been working on the Sunrise Circle Jacket like crazy, but it still looks to me like I'm in the armpit. The Yarn Harlot started making the same sweater, which is awesome, except that in one day or so of being deathly ill, she is in the same spot that I am after two months, which means...I am slow. I guess a picture would be helpful, but I'm still in a text-only phase. It's just so much work to upload photos!! What a terrible professional blogger I'd be.

Jim and I got a server up and running today. I can't even believe it. He spent the better part of four hours in front of a command line, and it's just about ready for me to work my Koha magic. I think. For all that I'm the resident Systems Librarian, there are days where computers make no sense to me, and today was one of them. I like a GUI. Is that too much to ask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home