Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Nerds.

So Jim asked me, "Can you think of anything more nerdy than being excited to go into work on your day off, on a weekend, to install and configure an open source server setup?" I said, "If I do that and then stay for knitting group." I have just been informed that the nerd police are going to pull me over for speeding, having posted 4 times in 3 days.

I am going to try and set up a Ubuntu server to run Koha at work, as an experiment. Our web catalog is not the best, and the ILS we use is not particularly robust. We've outgrown it as a library, and some of the other options are quite pricey. I'm not sure I can make Koha work the way I'd like it to, but it definitely has some great features that would be a huge improvement over our current system. I'm going to try and play around with it in hopes of giving the library some real options when we choose to migrate to another system.

I haven't actually done any knitting today, which is unusual, but Jim considers all the time I spent on Ravelry to be "virtual knitting." I did add pictures to my Ravelry account!! Including this cute nautilus made from this pattern, but subbing sock yarn for worsted.

Nautie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home