Saturday, August 02, 2014

August Goals

I have set two goals for myself this month: Run 10 miles, and lose 10 pounds.  Both of these goals are attainable, both are a challenge, and both are positive health improvements that I really want for myself. 

Today, I ran two miles.  It felt great.  Tomorrow will be a challenge - I'm adding a mile and a half to my previous longest run, and will be running nearly 7 miles.  I am excited about the challenge, and excited about my route - down to Bug Light, and back along the prettiest part of Broadway before getting back onto the Greenbelt. 

I've been counting calories for about 2 weeks.  It's not my favorite way to go through the day, but it does seem to be about the only way I've lost weight in the last few years.  Effective, and a good self-check for sure!  I'd love to be able to go all French-women and just be more aware of my eating habits, but really, writing it down and calculating calorie counts seems to be the technique that works best for me. 

In order for me to reach my goals, I will have to work on them every day.  Every. Single. Day.  Go me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home